The Question + Answer session following Lord Owen’s speech to the University of Oxford International Relations Society, Wednesday 17 May 2017.
View the Q+A session (approx 26 mins), courtesy Voices from Oxford.
Issues touched on include:
- The importance of accepting the result of the Brexit referendum
- Issues within the Labour party
- Post-Brexit challenges around offshore territories and fisheries, the risks of a ‘cliff edge’ in negotatitons and the need to be prepared to use international treaty laws
- How issues around the ERM showed the necessity of having a bottom line “when things are fundamentally wrong”
- Issues of citizenship post-Brexit.
View or read Lord Owen’s speech preceding this Q+A.